Sr. Database Developer
- Dulles, VA
Sr. Database Developer
We are continuing to welcome applications. Virtual interviews available - apply today!
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America's network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the "CFC Difference" that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Sr. Database Developer in the BID - Business Technology Services group. In this position you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and maintain CFC's Transactional, Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Reporting and Business Intelligence capabilities.
As a Sr. Database Developer, you will:
• Ensure database architectures address business requirements, system scalability, performance, governance and reliability.
• Lead development of database applications, interfaces, data transfer mechanisms and business intelligence platforms.
• Develop methods for data ETL and reporting, to meet business requirements and goals.
• Integrate new systems with existing enterprise data warehouse structure.
• Assist with research and development of new database tools, languages and platforms and providing a valid recommendation to senior management.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical degree or the equivalent in work experience.
• 8 years of full SDLC experience utilizing SQL Server, Microsoft BI, Data Warehouse, Data Marts and Reporting solutions.
• Advanced knowledge and expertise of database and business intelligence technologies.
• Advanced ability to design, develop, implement and manage databases and business intelligence technologies.
• Advanced MS SQL Server, Microsoft BI stack, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Meta data management. Data governance, Data Marts, OLTP, and ODS skills and abilities.
• Advanced skills, abilities and knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: TFS, QlikView, PowerBuilder, SVN or Nexus.
• Experience with financial systems highly desired.
• Proven ability to translate user needs into design for applications and processes.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more-all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop .
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Back to top