National Corporate Housing looking for an experienced Controller to help lead the accounting team, AP and AR team. This individual will administer key changes to financial reporting while accelerating the monthly close, audit all accounting processes and procedures to identify improvements and migrate reporting from excel based formats to more automated reporting software. The selected person needs to have a professional image, strong communication and customer service skills.
National Corporate Housing is a multi-brand, global leader in providing temporary housing program management for global business travel and corporate relocations. National is one of the largest providers of temporary housing around the globe. Guided by our vision to be the most admired and respected global company to our coworkers, customers, and suppliers, National is sought out by and maintains strong strategic alliances across multiple business industries including, engineering, construction, technology, consulting, insurance, government agencies and government contractors, professional sports and entertainment.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design and implementation of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Manage outsourced vendors during due diligence and integration of acquisitions; oversee accounting systems integration
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and that all reasonable discounts are taken
- Ensure that customers are billed promptly and accurately and that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts, an orderly accounting filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Prepare and issue timely and complete financial statements and other management reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual external financial reports
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and interim forecasts; participate in long term strategic planning
- Provide other financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing models, and capital structure events
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and deliver an on-time audit and subsequent tax filings
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor ongoing developments in accounting requirements (FASB rulings, etc) and ensure continued compliance
- Other duties as assigned by CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration; CPA designation
- Chartered Global Management Accountant and/or MBA preferred
- Proven track record of material change management and leadership within a finance and accounting function
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Strong work ethic and a sense of urgency and ownership
- Must be a team player and team leader.
- Prior Experience in Corporate Housing, Hospitality Industry, or Property Management is a plus
All employees are expected to have knowledge of National’s business units and established procedures and compliance rules pertinent to their positions.
- Competitive Compensation plus performance based annual bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
Will not provide assistance with relocation costs
National Corporate Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status
Meet Some of National Corporate Housing's Employees
As an account manager within the National Insurance Housing arm of National Corporate Housing, Marissa provides immediate assistance to those who have lost or had to flee their homes.
Back to top