2017 Corporate Summer Intern
National Corporate Housing looking for a Corporate Summer Intern for our Corporate Headquarters in Denver, CO for Summer 2017. This person must build and maintain positive partnerships with our internal and external clients and vendors. The selected person needs to have a professional image, strong communication and customer service skills.
You will work in a wide variety of roles as a corporate intern. Usually, you will assist the human resources team with day-to-day tasks, while you work on larger projects with a variety of departments. There is no "typical" day as a corporate intern. Expect to work extensively with the human resources, recruiting, finance, accounting, marketing, information technology, and customer service teams, as well as occasionally helping out the Denver market team over the course of your summer with National. Make sure that you're ready to adapt to a wide range of tasks, as you learn the ins and outs of National's corporate office. While you will be expected to assist in some basic tasks, such as working the front desk, organizing the office, and creating labels, you will have many opportunities to show your strengths. Some of these opportunities include building complex financial models, reading through potential applicants' C.V.'s , running human resource team conference calls, running statistical analysis for various departments, and more. Get to experience our corporate culture and join the team responsible for leading National.
National Corporate Housing is a multi-brand, global leader in providing temporary housing program management for global business travel and corporate relocations. National is one of the largest providers of temporary housing around the globe. Guided by our vision to be the most admired and respected global company to our coworkers, customers, and suppliers, National is sought out by and maintains strong strategic alliances across multiple business industries including, engineering, construction, technology, consulting, insurance, government agencies and government contractors, professional sports and entertainment.
Key things you'll learn:
- Using key HR software like Newton, SkillSurvey, and Employment Screening Resources to effectively manage, source, and onboard candidates.
- Conduct an Employee File Audit, I-9 audit and assist with benefits open enrollment.
- Communicating and executing key administrative tasks including processing new hires, salary increases, status changes and terminations, office transitions, and more.
- All aspects of the recruitment process, from job posting to interviewing and reference checks
- Work with our Customer Service Survey team to maintain and distribute Customer Service scores
- Learn and support the OSCAR SOP
- Work with the Newsletter team to write articles, provide insight, etc.
- How to track social media analytics and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Designing, developing, coordinating, implementing and delivering and evaluating training programs that support organization objectives and are aligned with the organization's business plan.
- How to do an employment brand audit, including learning how to evaluate our employment brand, and how to use this tool to inform candidate search and marketing tasks.
What we are looking for:
- Undergraduate or Graduate specializing in hospitality management or business administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of comfort working with clients
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to learn the trade
If you want to launch your career in a collaborative, fast-paced community, then we want to hear from you! We need someone to dedicate 40 hours per week from mid to late May to mid - late August 2017.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
National Corporate Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status
Meet Some of National Corporate Housing's Employees
As an account manager within the National Insurance Housing arm of National Corporate Housing, Marissa provides immediate assistance to those who have lost or had to flee their homes.
Back to top