This role will manage all aspects of the daily cash room – ensuring cashiers are properly trained, equipment is functional and meets the needs of the organization, and deposits are accurate. The Treasury Analyst is also responsible for banking relationships, establishing and maintaining merchant accounts, daily cash forecasting, and recording deposits, disbursements, and all relevant interest/fees transactions. Serves as an external point of contact for resolving issues arising from banking transactions such as payment processing, credit card deposits, chargebacks, and otherwise.
Cash Room Management
- Analyzes and prepares daily cash receipts; ensures bank and organization's data is accurately balanced and reported.
- Troubleshoots unreconciled balances; determines how to accurately correct the situation and executes the solution to completion.
- Processes cash, credit card charges and checks; balances and deposits items via armored car service or banking remote scanner.
- Effectively manages the organization's cash room contracts and equipment; has the autonomy to make independent decisions to resolve issues/problems and bring to closure.
- Manages vendor relationship; researching and negotiating servicing documents.
- Manages change orders, supplies, and cash room appearance in order to maintain daily functions and provide a clean and pleasant environment for customers.
- Plans for supplemental cash room staff as needed and is responsible for training, scheduling and oversight of contingent workers.
Cash and Bank Account Management
- Responsible for opening and monitoring bank and corporate credit accounts including, ensuring appropriate documentation for signatories and authorization, online access, assisting in monitoring bank fee schedules and suggesting improvements to corporate banking infrastructure
- Remain current on new banking products, regulations, standards and treasury best practices to make informed recommendations to operational leaders and management concerning the implementation of operational changes
- Develop, install and monitor systems, policies and procedures to efficiently and securely move funds within the company and to third parties
- Manages and resolves banking issues as needed (stop payments, providing payment documentation to vendors, resolving chargebacks, etc.)
- Prepare periodic cash forecasts.
- Monitor and forecast interest expense and bank service fees.
Payment and Deposit Processing
- Executes all payments upon approval of invoices from the Manager, AP and Payroll including payments made via check, ACH, wire, and credit card
- Serves as an organizational liaison for external customers to resolve any transactional issues between companies.
- Researches and investigates outstanding payables/receivables; resolves issues and make adjustments accordingly.
- Journal creation for bank account transactions
- Administration of the disbursement files from various business units and corporate departments
- Assign GL codes, prepare for review by management, and ensure journals are uploaded into appropriate financial systems
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner
- Reviews and processes adjustments in order to maintain accurate data in system; ensures accurate record keeping.
- Processes daily, weekly and monthly reports; audits and corrects any errors detected.
- Maintains departmental files; ensures all are accurately filed and present.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting, treasury or finance environment
- Thorough understanding of the payment processes
- Ability to work independently within a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include weekend hours on rare occasion
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. Utilizes time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Strong problem solving skills; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility, initiative and commitment in an environment of rapid change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Team player who is open to new ideas and out of the box thinking
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Excellent attention to detail
- Dependability - consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to establish strong professional business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM
Recently named one of Baltimore's Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city's Inner Harbor redevelopment. SmartCEO Magazine honored the National Aquarium with the Healthiest Workplace award and the Corporate Culture award in 2016. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world's aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation's two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 35-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Welfare and Science teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
Meet Some of National Aquarium's Employees
Morgan’s job focuses on animal husbandry. He takes care of the Aquarium’s animals and carries out all the work that goes into keeping them healthy and happy.
Back to top