Seasonal Membership Ambassador
- Baltimore, MD
The seasonal Membership Ambassador sales team is responsible for building a base of new Aquarium member support and generating essential program revenue by actively soliciting and successfully closing membership sales with guests on the Aquarium campus.
Membership Ambassadors are a part of the Individual Giving team and report to the Membership Sales Manager.
- Engage with Aquarium guests to successfully solicit and close membership sales to meet or exceed predetermined sales goals.
- Successfully master membership training materials and deliver approved talking points that effectively market National Aquarium membership.
- Go beyond what is expected – provide exceptional customer service and deliver Personal Facilitated Experiences (PFEs) that inspire, delight, and engage all guests. Project a professional and approachable image.
- Keep accurate and complete sales records for each shift, monitor inventory levels and report needs to shift supervisor.
- Monitor assigned area to ensure a safe environment, acting appropriately when needed to address a guest concern, and/or report potential safety hazards.
- Welcome all guests with a smile and verbal greeting.
- Comply with National Aquarium employee policies and procedures at all times.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills (people skills) and be willing to engage Aquarium guests from a variety of diverse backgrounds with the purpose of closing membership sales.
- Ability to work a minimum of (15) shift hours per week or more beginning Memorial Day Weekend through September, including at least one weekend day and one or more major holidays including Father’s Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.
- Successfully complete all Membership Pier Sales training workshops, master all sales training and demonstrate an ability to “sell” the benefits, value and impact of National Aquarium membership through strategic sales pitches.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outdoors in the summer months and stand and/or walk continuously for 3-4 hours.
- Command basic math competencies and demonstrate the ability to keep complete and accurate sales records.
- Master an understanding of and ability to communicate all aspects of the Aquarium’s membership program, benefits, and Aquarium daily operations including hours, admission pricing, exhibits and policies.
- Must have reliable form of transportation.
- Previous retail/sales experience preferred but will train the right candidate.
Commensurate with experience. All sales representative will receive flat hourly compensation plus commission on all membership sales.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM
Recently named one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city’s Inner Harbor redevelopment. SmartCEO Magazine honored the National Aquarium with the Healthiest Workplace award and the Corporate Culture award in 2016. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation’s two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 37-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Care & Welfare teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
HOW TO APPLY Interested and engaged applicants should apply through our website http://aqua.org/jobs. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made by e-mailing HR@aqua.org.
Back to top