- Baltimore, MD
The Sales Coordinator supports the National Aquarium’s sales team – group sales, consignment sales and meetings and events sales– to ensure efficient and effective operation of the sales effort.
- Receive, track, direct and respond to sales-related information requests, internally and externally.
- Represent National Aquarium at trade shows and outbound visitation to client base, including tour operators, hoteliers, scouts, military and additional client bases as assigned or targeted.
- Coordinate all sales efforts and internal reporting to help sales team and support revenue based goals.
- Support the Consignment sales effort:
- Review, approve and enter new ticket orders into Siriusware, handle returned tickets and crediting clients.
- Coordinate Convergence daily credit card revenue reporting, monthly and quarterly redemption reports, pace reporting, year over year reports and other reports as assigned.
- Regular visits to consignment clients to replenish collateral and to keep National Aquarium top of mind.
- Keep marketing collateral tracking database to help the marketing and sales department strategize and budget collateral distribution.
- Attend AAA and Military trade shows to promote ticket purchases to their client base.
- Print and mail consignment tickets and end of month consignment balance statements.
- Print and distribute Be Our Guest tickets for the Marketing team.
- Liaison with Visit Baltimore. Respond to leads through their extranet, attend industry updates and manage Show Your Badge Program promoted to local convention attendees.
- Support the Groups sales effort by:
- Assist in implementing sales programs to ensure customer care and sales tracking, including monthly bookings, cancellations, top clients and pace reporting and other reports as assigned.
- Attend tour operator, scout, and family reunion trade shows to promote group bookings.
- Assist client communications pre and post visit, including a “things to know” letter, post trip thank you and coordinate quarterly touchpoints with each segment.
- Plan and implement sales trips for the team, including research, mapping and appointment set up.
- Manage internal communications including Teamwork requests, PO processing and updating stakeholders on new programs.
- Maintain accurate and adequate inventory of sales kits, collateral and promotional items. Research and make suggestions on updated materials based on budgetary restrictions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; college courses in sales & marketing preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an office environment, preferably in a support role in sales
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences
- Ability to deal with a range of style and behaviors in a tactful, pleasant and personal manner
- Ability to multi-task and perform the cross function between the three sales segments/teams
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Logistical mindset and ability to plan is important
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel
- Strong administrative and computer skills in the Microsoft suite is required.
- Aptitude for learning sales and reporting software
The National Aquarium is committed to diversity and invites individuals who bring a diversity of culture, experience and ideas to apply.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM
Recently named one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city’s Inner Harbor redevelopment. SmartCEO Magazine honored the National Aquarium with the Healthiest Workplace award and the Corporate Culture award in 2016. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation’s two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 38-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Care & Welfare teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and engaged applicants should apply through our website http://aqua.org/jobs. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made by e-mailing HR@aqua.org
Back to top