Part Time Cash Room Specialist
- Baltimore, MD
This role will manage all aspects of the daily cash room – ensuring equipment is functional and meets the needs of the organization, and deposits are accurate. The Cash Room Specialist serves as an external point of contact for resolving issues arising from banking transactions such as chargebacks, and other deposit variances.
Cash Room Management
- Analyzes and prepares daily cash receipts; ensures bank and organization’s data is accurately balanced and reported.
- Troubleshoots unreconciled balances; determines how to accurately correct the situation and executes the solution to completion.
- Processes cash and checks; balances and deposits items via armored car service or banking remote scanner.
- Effectively manages the organization's cash room contracts and equipment; has the autonomy to make independent decisions to resolve issues/problems and bring to closure.
- Manages vendor relationships related to cash room operations, researching and negotiating servicing documents.
- Manages change orders, supplies, and cash room appearance to maintain daily functions and provide a clean and pleasant environment for customers.
Deposit and Revenue Processing
- Creates Journal Entries for deposits (Admissions)
- Reviews and processes adjustments to maintain accurate data in system; ensures accurate record keeping.
- Processes daily, weekly and monthly reports; audits and corrects any errors detected.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting, treasury or finance environment; cash handling experience required.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include some weekend hours
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. Utilizes time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility, initiative and commitment in an environment of rapid change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Team player who is open to new ideas and out of the box thinking
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Excellent attention to detail
- Dependability - consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to establish strong professional business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
The National Aquarium is committed to diversity and invites individuals who bring a diversity of culture, experience and ideas to apply.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM
Recently named one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city’s Inner Harbor redevelopment. SmartCEO Magazine honored the National Aquarium with the Healthiest Workplace award and the Corporate Culture award in 2016. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation’s two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 37-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Care & Welfare teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
HOW TO APPLY Interested and engaged applicants should apply through our website http://aqua.org/jobs. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made by e-mailing HR@aqua
Back to top