- Baltimore, MD
Execute various HR programs including benefit administration and HRIS payroll and reporting support. Provide day-to-day HR related consultative guidance, coaching and support to management and staff regarding employee relations including performance behaviors, recruitment strategies and interpretation of employment laws and organizational policies and procedures. Act as a consultative business partner by assisting in achieving organizational goals both strategically and tactically. Consult with all tiers of leadership to support goal creation and achievement.
Reporting to the VP, HR & Administration, the HR Partner is a member of the Aquarium Administration team.
- Support Benefits Administration, including managing vendor relationships, tracking benefits expenses, acting as a liaison between internal customers and benefits providers, and supporting annual open enrollment and other benefits education activities
- In conjunction with other HR team members, process pay and manage transactions on a biweekly basis including:
- Review and verify incoming and outgoing payroll documentation for completeness, accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Analyze, prepare and process payroll data to produce an accurate and timely payroll and ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Troubleshoot payroll related issues and problems; determine how to accurately correct the situation and decide, with autonomy, how the issue will be resolved.
- Manage all tax filings related to payroll
- Apply HR knowledge to support and/or deliver full scope of HR services including but not limited to: talent acquisition and development; staff learning; performance management, compensation, employee development, succession planning and workforce planning
- Partner with the VP to manage the talent acquisition program, including recommending and executing recruitment strategies and initiatives, managing relationships with key internal and external partners, and researching and recommending best practices for sourcing active and passive candidates.
- Manage the recruitment process from start to finish, including postings, resume & applicant screening, interview facilitation, candidate due diligence, offers, and on-boarding.
- Manage the HRIS functionality as it relates to recruitment from an end-user perspective
- Follow and remain up-to-date on all EEO standards, and applicable Federal and State laws while selecting candidates.
- Manage tracking and reporting of key recruitment metrics
- Manage exit interview process
- Partner with the VP and Director, OD to support the Staff Learning program
- Develop and implement training curriculum using multiple methodologies and platforms.
- Through leadership and management of training processes and systems, ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Present training programs across the organization.
- Proactively anticipate employee relations issue and provide timely coaching and counseling to reconcile differences and establish resolution
- May lead the investigation and resolution of low-/mid-level employee relations problems and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution; prepares all necessary documentation pertaining to the investigation.
- Provide consultative advice and information to NA managers/supervisors to drive employee retention, development and performance.
- May serve as a project leader for assigned HR related initiatives within the organization; responsible for meeting all project target dates and delivering anticipated results.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management.
- Ability to build positive business relationships at all levels within NA and understand their goals/needs
- Operates in compliance with company legal, ethical and safety practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field
- Three or more years of progressive Human Resources experience in a mid-sized organization
- Solid knowledge and understanding of federal & state employment regulations (FLSA/FMLA/ADA, etc.)
- Professional demeanor and the ability to use discretion in dealing w/delicate and/or confidential matters.
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills using MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint); experience using Ulti-Pro payroll and HRIS software is strongly preferred
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and results in terms of motivational leadership, ongoing coaching and team member development.
- Demonstrated problem solving analysis and resolution at strategic and functional levels
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility, initiative and commitment in an environment of rapid change
- Ability to function as both a team member and a work stream leader in to ensure milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in English: both written and verbal combined with very strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend hours, when needed
- Dedication to the mission of the National Aquarium.
The National Aquarium is committed to diversity and invites individuals who bring a diversity of culture, experience and ideas to apply.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM
Recently named one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city’s Inner Harbor redevelopment. SmartCEO Magazine honored the National Aquarium with the Healthiest Workplace award and the Corporate Culture award in 2016. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation’s two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 38-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Care & Welfare teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and engaged applicants should apply through our website http://aqua.org/jobs. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made by e-mailing HR@aqua.org
Back to top