Facilities Operations Coordinator
- Baltimore, MD
- Monitor and control the traffic and activities of outside vendors and contractors working for the Facilities Department, within the Aquarium facilities
- Coordinate all Facilities activities with Aquarium staff
- Act as Facilities “Help Desk” contact point.
- Provide administrative functions to Facilities Department, including but not limited to timekeeping, expense and budget tracking, material and equipment procurement, etc; provide monthly reports to Sr. Dir. Cap. Planning
- Maintains records of operating and capital expenditures and assists Facilities Managers in tracking project costs. Assists in constructing and monitoring departmental budgets
- Department liaison for internal committees
- Establishes and maintains a master facilities activity schedule showing all significant and disruptive corrective and improvement work. Include other Aquarium activities schedules, such as catered events, membership, etc. to minimize conflict and disruption. Coordinate and communicate schedules with all NAIB departments and vendors, as required
- Coordinates vendor and contractor access to Facilities with Security Department
- Receives all calls for facilities services from outside departments. Coordinates maintenance staff schedules to identify their availability for emergency calls.
- Maintain the work order system for monitoring status of work requests and communicating the same to the originating department
- Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned or required; may work within
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, coupled with minimum 3 years experience working as a coordinator in the areas of facilities and/or project management.
- The position requires good customer service and organization skills.
- Computer proficient in word processing and spreadsheets is essential. Experience with two-way radios, budget tracking is also required. Experience with project management programs, scheduling, blueprints and facilities/project management terminology and AutoCAD are desirable.
- Must be able to understand the purchasing process and have good recordkeeping skills.
- Knowledge with computers, product literature and catalogs, blueprints, and building/project specifications is desirable.
Back to top