Digital Product Manager
The National Aquarium is searching for a Digital Production Manager who oversees channels (aqua.org; email; mobile app, etc.) that generate more than 20 percent of the Aquarium’s operating revenues. This position is responsible for the production of quality and on-brand digital products for consumer marketing efforts as well as for clients across the organization. More than 500 service requests were completed in 2015, including the production of more than 300 unique broadcast email sends.
- Support all aspects of digital publishing and email marketing.
- Act as the business lead and key point-of-contact for owned, existing digital products by meeting with stakeholders to establish project goals, timeline and strategies. Approve and assign service requests, monitoring team bandwidth. Manage campaign execution and the maintenance and enhancement of digital products.
- Recommend and oversee email marketing plans through collaboration with Aquarium stakeholders, evolving tactics to the most recent best practices.
- Support content and campaign planning efforts of Marketing department in partnership with the content manager, social strategist and creative services manager. Ensure that the National Aquarium brand and image are effectively conveyed through digital channels.
- Ensure the evolution of eCommerce software to be user-friendly, faster and best-in-class while effectively meeting the business needs of both the Aquarium’s management teams and constituents.
- Increase the use of automation and relevant, timely personalization through email marketing, web and mobile products.
- Deliver digital enhancements on time and on budget. Work alongside digital specialist to ensure that new and existing products are developed using user-centered methodology.
- Support National Aquarium’s paid digital marketing initiatives by coordinating with digital advertising consultants as necessary.
- Define search engine optimization strategies and implement techniques and best practices, including website structure and keyword research and generation.
- Establish and adhere to protocols that yield quality assurance and a connected digital experience.
- Create and maintain a library of documentation and processes that can be used in educating staff on digital standards and protocols.
- Achieve W3C WCAG 2.0 compliance on all digital channels.
- BA degree in Communications, Marketing or other related field
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the digital marketing space
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a direct report
- Experience in agile environments, rapid prototyping and road mapping
- Experienced developing and managing digital marketing products
- Experience with:
- HTML and CSS
- CMS management
- Marketing automation with Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud (preferred)
- Versioning and Git
- Sketch, Invision
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Bronto/Exact Target (other email marketing software may be substituted)
- Teamwork / Basecamp (preferred, other project management may be substituted)
- Browserstack & Litmus (preferred)
- Google Analytics / CrazyEgg
- Quality Assurance, Testing, Documentation
- Developer and Designer communication
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced and self-managed environment. Must be able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written format and be able to respond to questions from co-workers, members, clients and the general public.
- Organizational, planning, time management and project management skills.
- Ability to balance technical components, usability, business goals and marketing prowess when making decisions.
- Excellent analytical and intuitive problem solving skills.
- Creativity with respect to idea generation and solution implementation.
- A commitment to keeping apprised of best practices in the digital marketing space.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM Recently named one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city’s Inner Harbor redevelopment. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation’s two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 35-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Welfare and Science teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
HOW TO APPLY Interested and engaged applicants should apply through our website http://aqua.org/jobs. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made by e-mailing [email protected]
Meet Some of National Aquarium's Employees
Corey arranges the use of the Aquarium as a special events venue. He also attends networking events to promote the Aquarium as a unique venue space.
Back to top