The National Aquarium’s Brand Communications team is searching for a Content Developer/Writer who will create and edit written content across a variety of platforms, including print, web, digital, social media and internal marketing and communications vehicles.
The Content Developer/Writer will have opportunity to assist in creating and shaping the Aquarium’s conservation and visitor messaging, while working closely with the design and marketing teams to enhance the National Aquarium’s regional and national identity and reputation. Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal communications, writing and editing skills, as well as three to five (3-5) years of related experience in marketing and communications. Scientific or conservation-related writing experience is a plus. Candidates must provide a minimum of five writing samples in order to be considered for the position.
- Identifies and proposes internal stories to help promote general awareness of the National Aquarium to the organization’s various audiences
- Proofreads and edits content from across the organization in accordance with AP Style for consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy and readability across digital and print mediums
- Ensures consistency of messaging while proofreading content for proper grammar usage, typographical errors, content accuracy, and brand integrity
- Generates content for a variety of marketing and communications activities
- Composes original writing assignments including internal and external documents, correspondence, and reports; also assembles and integrates communications planning documents for use by marketing team.
- Assists in the development of promotional copy for specific print or digital communications campaigns
- Interviews internal and external subject matter experts to help build the Aquarium’s narrative
If you’re passionate about the National Aquarium’s mission and have the communications skills and experience to share our story, please apply!
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM
Recently named one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city’s Inner Harbor redevelopment. SmartCEO Magazine honored the National Aquarium with the Healthiest Workplace award and the Corporate Culture award in 2016. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation’s two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 35-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Welfare and Science teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
HOW TO APPLY Interested and engaged applicants should apply through our website http://aqua.org/jobs. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made by e-mailing [email protected]
Meet Some of National Aquarium's Employees
Corey arranges the use of the Aquarium as a special events venue. He also attends networking events to promote the Aquarium as a unique venue space.
Back to top