Annual Giving Officer
The Annual Giving Officer cultivates, solicits and stewards existing annual donors, and identifies and acquires new annual donors from a variety of sources. This position is intended to identify annual donors that have the capacity to increase their gift and engage them in the Aquarium’s capital projects. This person works closely with everyone on the individual giving team to ensure the departments revenue goals are achieved.
Donor Strategy, Relationship Management and Solicitation
Manage an active portfolio of 125 annual giving prospects and lead efforts to develop and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for each, ensuring plans are complete, strategic, sustainable and effective. Direct activities that support plans, including:
- Engaging with prospective donors on a personal level, ensuring they have ample opportunity to truly engage with the Aquarium in an innovative and meaningful way.
- Creating and leading efforts around cultivation, solicitation & stewardship events, visits, calls, letters, etc.
- Achieve activity (calls, meetings, solicitations per month) and financial goals created on an annual basis.
- Work with the Sr. Individual Giving Officer to identify current members and donors who have the capacity to increase their annual gift; design and implement strategic funding requests for both short and long-term funding needs of the Aquarium.
- Identify new prospects from a variety of sources including donor lists, prospect screening information, and conversations with existing donors and volunteers.
- Work with Major Gift Officers to identify opportunities and implement strategies to educate current annual donors about planned giving opportunities and solicit their participation.
- Work with the departments Membership Team and help staff several Membership Evenings throughout the year.
Donor Communication, Cultivation and Stewardship
- Generate and conduct effective and engaging in-person presentations to Aquarium members in support of Aquarium projects and programs.
- Prepare Annual Giving materials - including letters, proposals, meeting prep, stewardship reports, etc.
- Manage and update contact information, plans and actions in Sales Force using identified protocol, complete timely and accurate call and progress reports.
- Ensure consistent and timely communication throughout development department, among Aquarium staff as appropriate, and with volunteers regarding prospect and donor contact and activity.
- Must be creative, driven, and results-focused conduct, and must value the Aquarium’s commitment to inspiring conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures.
- A minimum of 4 years in fundraising, previous successful sales background is applicable.
- Must have a sincere interest in stewarding donor relationships, and a desire to work in a donor-centered development culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to effectively present information verbally and to respond to questions from donors and the general public is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Must have ability to work occasional evenings and weekends and be proficient with office computer equipment and standard office software.
- Must have a sense of humor.
Back to top