- Baltimore, MD
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly support of a high-volume accounts payable, employee reimbursement, and general accounting finance department.
- Create payment requests for invoices of services or goods for the Finance Department in compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Review payment requisitions from other staff for compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Follow-up and assist with conversion of payment requests in need of additional information/correction
- Convert properly submitted payment requests to bills for payment
- Print checks weekly and mail
- Process ACH and other electronic payments weekly
- File and organize accounts payable related information
- Create new vendors
- Monitor and process Accounts Payable email inbox
- Compare vendor statements with vendor history and reconcile missing vendor invoices
- Issues stop payments, voids, and reissues payments
- Maintains outstanding checks database within accounting software
- Receive, evaluate, and prepare correction entries related to accounts payable activity
Employee Expense Reporting
- Review employee reimbursement requests from other staff for compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Resolve non-compliance with submitter
- Convert properly submitted employee expense reports
- Follow-up with employees/approvers with incomplete expense reports
- Train and be a resource for other staff on employee expense system
- Receive, evaluate, and prepare correction entries related to employee expense reports
- Update, reconcile, and monitor reimbursement due from employee personal use of company credit card
- Assists with maintenance of accounting schedules to ensure completeness of certain expenses
- Assists Finance Department with maintenance and upkeep of documents retained electronically
- Remotely deposit checks at least once a week
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounts payable, employee expense reports, and general accounting environment
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Able to communicate instructions (policies and procedures) in writing or in conversation with other staff
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Task-oriented with strong organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Utilizes time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Customer-service oriented/strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility, initiative and commitment in an environment of rapid change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team player who is open to new ideas and out of the box thinking
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Excellent attention to detail
- Dependability - consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
The National Aquarium is committed to diversity and invites individuals who bring a diversity of culture, experience and ideas to apply.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AQUARIUM
Recently named one of Baltimore’s Best Places to Work, the National Aquarium opened in 1981 as a nonprofit aquatic education and conservation organization, the jewel of the city’s Inner Harbor redevelopment. SmartCEO Magazine honored the National Aquarium with the Healthiest Workplace award and the Corporate Culture award in 2016. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, the Aquarium is consistently ranked one of the nation’s two top aquariums and has hosted over 51 million guests since opening.
Today, the National Aquarium builds on a 37-year history of local, regional and global conservation initiatives that provide real solutions for protecting marine life, ecosystems and aquatic communities. Its Animal Rescue team has rescued, rehabilitated and released hundreds of marine mammals and endangered sea turtles throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Its Animal Care & Welfare teams participate in important research efforts to confront pressing ocean conservation issues and advocate for smarter policies at local, state and federal levels. Through education, research, conservation action and advocacy, the National Aquarium is pursuing a vision to change the way humanity cares for our ocean planet.
HOW TO APPLY Interested and engaged applicants should apply through our website http://aqua.org/jobs. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made by e-mailing HR@aqua
Back to top