VP of Engineering, Oncology & Platform
- San Carlos, CA
VP of Engineering, Oncology & Platform will leads our Oncology products. In this role, Individual will oversee multiple high performing development teams, contribute to the Oncology roadmap and define software strategy. The person will work closely with business leaders in Oncology as well as other engineering teams. Individual will be part of the engineering leadership team driving department strategy and growth together with the other leaders.
- Define technical vision and strategy for Oncology software as well as certain platforms.
- Design and lead ongoing delivery for a multi-year technical roadmap, balancing short- and long-term goals and investments.
- Manage several distributed development teams.
- Work closely with Oncology product management, general manager for Oncology, commercial and others and contribute to the overall product roadmap.
- Accountable for delivering high quality software products.
- Set up and own development processes that will provide rapid delivery of new features.
- As part of engineering team leadership provide input and drive improvements in the team structure, processes, software architecture.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in an engineering organization, experience managing teams of 20+ software engineers.
- 15+ years of experience in software development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working in DNA sequencing companies.
- Experience with working on regulated products.
- Practical experience with scaling large engineering organizations.
- Ability to set and drive the "big picture" strategy.
- A passion for technology and technical depth to identify root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them.
- Ability to recruit, inspire and motivate an engineering team to work together as a cohesive and productive unit.
- Ability to lead large projects and deliver on time and within budget.
- Experience working with third party partners and managing constraints and challenges.
- Practical experience with developing software using at least one of the following: Java, Python, Scala, Ruby-on-Rails, React, AngularJS.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Travel required for this position:
No X or Yes ___ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel:
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top