Sr. Revenue Manager
- Austin, TX
The Sr Revenue Manager is an important contributor in ensuring that revenue is recognized accurately and timely in accordance with ASC 606. This role will also help the company continue its rapid growth by supporting the Sales & Business Development teams in contract reviews and tracking over time. The person in this critical position will drive process improvements, automation, and standardization within the Revenue team and across the order-to-cash cycle.
- As a key owner of the revenue quarter-end close process, you will work closely with business partners to validate and analyze data critical for revenue reporting and compliance
- This role will help ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606 and company policies through analyzing trends and fluctuations, and through detailed reviews of critical revenue procedures
- Identification and creation of any necessary revenue adjustments as needed
- Partnering with our internal SOX team and our external auditors
- By developing a thorough understanding of the order-to-cash process, this role will work with business partners to ensure the integrity of of key processes
- Prepare and review revenue related account reconciliations
- Perform SSP and ad-hoc analysis as required
- Create and maintain relevant revenue recognition policies and enhance other documentation
- Support Sales and Business Development by providing revenue recognition guidance
- Perform reviews of significant contracts with customers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of revenue accounting experience preferably in the broader Technology sector
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding of GAAP revenue recognition, ASC 606 and other applicable technical accounting guidance.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to lead and communicate.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of functional areas.
- Ability to articulate requirements and discuss specific aspects.
- Advanced Excel or SQL skills.
- Comfortable in reviewing contract or other documents working with cross functional teams.
- Duties typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings & weekends) at times.
- Long hours are expected as needed due to demands of financial timelines.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Generous Employee Referral program. Healthy catered lunches 3 times per week, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top