Software QA Engineer III
- San Carlos, CA
Software QA Engineer III is responsible for complete end-to-end verification of Natera software systems and services using both manual and automated test strategies.
- Perform software verification, define and execute test cases and scenarios required for software quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Perform system analysis, assess risk, and develop strong test strategies by analyzing product design and technical specifications, and by collaborating with product managers and developers.
- Participate in building and maintaining data-driven test automation framework using automation tools and libraries.
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product issues or defects.
- Evangelize new testing methodologies, best practices and tools with goals to continuously improve test coverage.
- Work closely with developers in all phases of SDLC to build quality into our development process.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience testing both front-end and server-side functionality of complex n-tier systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases.
- Experience working with relational databases, strong practical knowledge of SQL
- Recent hands-on experience developing test automation code using tools and libraries, such as Selenium, TestNG, Junit and others.
- Understanding of one or more of additional programming and scripting languages, such as Scala, Python, Ruby, Groovy, or other.
- Recent hands-on experience with front-end test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, TestNG, Junit,ScalaTest, Gatling and others.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and command line shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top