Software Engineer III
- Portland, OR
The Software Engineer participates in the design and development of an infrastructure to enable research and deployment of groundbreaking algorithms in genetic diagnostics.
- Developing and implementing production software.
- Innovating and improving upon the existing research infrastructure.
- Working with next-generation sequencing data pipelines.
- Implementation of bioinformatics analyses and application workflows.
- Designing system architecture.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- The employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- The employee must pass a post-offer criminal background check.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or equivalent field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of Python and knowledge of Java.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Knowledge of web development basics. Experience with web development a plus.
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Proven understanding of the full software development lifecycle including testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solution-oriented.
- Experience with cloud platform services desired.
- Knowledge of, and experience with bioinformatics tools a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings & weekends) at times.
- Travel required for this position:
- No ___ or Yes X: If yes state anticipated percent for travel:
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top