Senior Software Engineer - Customer Applications
- San Carlos, CA
The Senior Software Engineer - Customer Services builds and maintains highly scalable, robust and data-centric micro-services to support our enterprise applications. As part of an engineering team, implements and improves our finance and billing applications.
- Make key design and technical implementation decisions and help guide engineering vision
- Work closely with stakeholders to define requirements, and transform into highly scalable and reliable, developer-friendly microservices APIs
- Design, build and maintain highly sustainable systems to support our business applications.
- Continue improving process and procedure and evangelizing best practices
- Lead the end to end execution of compliance initiatives
- Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- BS degree in computer science, comparable program, or equivalent. MS preferred
- 5+ years of overall software development experience, preferably secure, scalable web applications with Java, and other web technologies
- Experience with object-oriented programming in Java, using open source framework such as Spring Frameworks and Hibernate
- Expertise with enterprise architecture, cross-platform integration, and building scalable applications in heterogeneous environments
- Experience with software development lifecycle process from build, software configuration, change control, and release and deployment activities
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Test-Driven Development and/or Domain-Driven Development
- Experience with service-oriented and micro-services architecture
- Experience with implementing high data volumes applications with generating business reports.
- Strong relational database skills including database design and optimization
- Demonstrated teamwork skills with a solid analytical background
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Object Oriented Programming
- Java Enterprise Edition
- Spring Framework
- Relational Database and SQL Programming, prefer MySQL
- ElasticSearch or equivalent
- AWS Services, such as SQS, S3 and SNS
- Docker or container-oriented technologies
- REST API and Microservices Architecture
- Linux Fundamental
- CI / CD
- XML and JSON
- Quality Assurance Mindset
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- The position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
Back to top