Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
The Senior Clinical Biostatistician participates in analysis of clinical and genetic data while working closely with biologists and other cross functional teams. Independently manages statistical responsibilities across the entire project lifespan from SAP creation through manuscript submission. Serves as statistical resource for project team, while simultaneously handling multiple projects and deadlines. Projects will be focused on studies related to clinical research but may also include product development and validation.
- With minimal guidance, prepare and execute statistical analysis plans. Produce high quality written documentation of analysis plans and results. Use statistical and clinical understanding to propose and perform analyses consistent with project objectives.
- Perform sample size and power calculations for statistical analyses of varying complexity.
- Explain statistical concepts and results to project team members and other internal stakeholders.
- When challenges arise, communicate concerns and present potential solutions to the project team.
- Write statistical sections of study plans, reports, manuscripts and other documents as needed by the project team.
- Assist in development of department policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience as a statistician in clinical research or clinical trials.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in statistics, biostatistics, or equivalent with 5 years of industry experience or Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, or equivalent with 3 years of industry experience.
- At least 2 years practical experience with data analysis software such as SAS , R or other statistical analysis packages.
- Expert knowledge of advanced statistical methods including the ability to produce novel methods based on first principles understanding.
- Ability and desire to communicate in cross functional teams with members from varying background.
- Ability to produce high quality written documentation for varying audiences.
- Experience in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and/or regulatory compliance guidelines for clinical trials.
- Prior experience with oncology, genetics, and/or oncology testing a plus.
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
No X or Yes __ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: N/A
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Generous Employee Referral program. Healthy catered lunches everyday, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.