- United States
JOB LOCATION: REMOTE, USA
The Senior Biostatistician works closely with biologists and cross-functional teams to advance Natera's cutting-edge molecular diagnostic assays in the women's health (Panorama) or organ health (Prospera) areas. Senior Biostatisticians make use of their experience in applied statistics to design and execute statistical analyses of varying complexity in the context of product development, and primarily for verification or validation studies.
- With minimal guidance, design and execute verification or validation studies, contributing to either women's health or organ health product development projects
- Provide technical leadership in the design and execution of complex experiments, studies, or analyses (e.g. precision, R&R, accuracy, LoD), and perform sample size or power calculations
- With minimal guidance, produce high quality presentations and documentation including study protocols, statistical analysis plans, and reports (including methods, results, and interpretation)
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with cross-functional groups
- Act as an internal statistical consultant to other functional groups or their members by providing expert advice on statistical methodology
- When challenges arise, identify risks, communicate concerns, and present potential solutions to the interdisciplinary project team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics or biostatistics, or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant work experience, or master's degree in statistics or biostatistics, or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- At least 2 years practical experience designing and executing statistical analyses in the field of applied statistics
- At least 2 years practical experience with data analysis software such as R or Python
- Expert knowledge of statistics including the ability to produce novel methods based on first principles understanding, and of advanced statistical methods in diagnostic medicine
- Strong critical thinking skills, including a logical approach to decision making and study or analysis design
- Ability to produce high quality written documentation for varying audiences
- Demonstrated strong communication skills enabling clear communication with cross-functional teams and members of diverse technical backgrounds
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple objectives and timelines
- Takes full ownership of work tasks and assigned projects, and completes work within timelines
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with potential for high impact in a small team
- Familiarity with design control processes in product development is a big plus
- Experience using a SQL-based query language preferred by not required
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
POSITION LOCATION: NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS REMOTE AND CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US
Back to top