Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Vaccine verification will be required.
As a Lab Manager you will play a critical role in helping our laboratory in South SF run smoothly. You'll work in a highly dynamic R&D environment with a group of talented scientists, computational biologists, tinkerers, and builders. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the team has everything they need to succeed, from equipment to specimens, to reagents and consumables.
- Responsible for laboratory equipment. Keeping track of inventory and maintenance, scheduling service when necessary.
- Maintains and tracks laboratory supply inventory. Working with other groups within the company to procure materials to keep the lab running. Checks stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Working with vendors to ensure orders arrive on time and as promised.
- Schedules and organizes lab meetings.
- Other duties as necessary, including sample management, biobank organization, database maintenance/upkeep, etc.
- Works with building facilities and maintenance to ensure the laboratory is in good upkeep and any repairs/renovations are performed in a timely manner.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Be an "owner" of the lab and ensure the people in it have what they need to excel at their jobs.
- Obtain quotes and submit purchase requisitions.
- Provides administrative support for members of the lab.
- Create a team environment and act as a leader for the group.
- BS/BA degree in Biological Sciences, related field, or equivalent
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry-related experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Key skills: Integrity: you do what you say you will
- Organized: You know where things are and the order in which things need to be done.
- Parallel Processor: You are a master of juggling many tasks at the same time.
- Independent: You take responsibility and ownership of problems.
- Resourceful: You find a way. If there isn't a manual for how to do something you write one.
- Passion for science/labs: The bulk of your time will be spent in the lab, it's important you like that environment.
- Desire for efficiency: You're constantly trying to improve processes and make them easier and more efficient no matter how small the task.
- Attention to detail: You care about the little details that make the difference.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires the ability to perform repetitive motions during pipetting and samples processing in a laboratory setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.