Medical Writer (PhD-publications and manuscripts)
- San Carlos, CA
The researches, writes, and edits scientific reports. Prepares reports, summary documents, and other documents that may be submitted for publication and/or presentation.
- Work in a collaborative team to develop conference materials (abstracts, posters, presentations), marketing materials, and peer reviewed publications.
- Work closely with Natera's Clinical Affairs, Research and Development, Marketing, and medical education teams.
- Draft, edit, and submit abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and manuscripts targeted for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Participate in the writing, editing, and confirmation of the scientific accuracy of marketing and medical education materials, including white papers.
- Perform data analysis as needed and develop related graphics and figures.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and with external service providers to ensure the timely development, review, and publication of documents.
- Work with third parties including academic partners, key opinion leaders, and contractors during development of technical documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Molecular Genetics, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, other relevant scientific discipline, or equivalent required. Advanced degree preferred; Doctoral degree (PhD, MD or PharmD) a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience of which, a minimum of 2 years of experience writing/editing scientific documents/publications experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, or medical communications industries. Time spent writing in graduate school or during a postdoc does NOT count.
- Experience or background in molecular biology/genomics, oncology, prenatal testing, or diagnostics a plus.
- Experience submitting abstracts and manuscripts to congresses and journals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent writing ability with strong editorial and formatting skills.
- Ability to create high quality documents that effectively and clearly convey scientific data, properly identify/target the audience for each document, and communicate key messages clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally, collaborate, negotiate with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read the primary literature and analyze data.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of biostatistical and clinical research concepts.
- Familiarity with electronic literature search tools and obtaining copyright permissions.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills; experience using Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Professional, and InDesign) a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting and environment.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. #LI-TR1
Back to top