Medical Director, Women's Health (MFM)
- United States
The Medical Director, Women's Health is a leader within the Medical Affairs team at Natera. This role serves as scientific ambassador, working to educate and develop relationships with clinicians, researchers, and other healthcare professionals. Medical Directors also work with Natera's R&D, marketing, and sales teams to encourage full potential of product lifecycle and pipeline.
The Medical Director is a field-based clinical and scientific expert who will travel within their assigned territory to educate healthcare professionals and provide clinical support to the Natera sales team. Using their strong clinical background, they will answer challenging questions about how our technology works, discuss technology integration into daily practice and give scientific presentations at conferences and Natera hosted events. Through their expertise and external interaction, they will gain and share the medical voice of customers to assist in the development and execution of strategic plans that support Natera's Women's Health products.
- Represent Natera with clinicians, academic institutions, public/private healthcare insurance and professional organizations
- Provide scientific and/or clinical presentations on Natera's full suite of reproductive genetic products
- Work closely with Clinical Services team (MSLs/GCs) in the ongoing management of product quality and improvement
- Serve as a medical and scientific resource for the Natera Sales and Marketing teams. Develop, maintain, and manage interactions with Key Opinion Leaders ("KOLs") from the obstetrics and genetics communities as well as other relevant healthcare professionals
- Address the specific needs of customers by responding to requests for information about our marketed and developing products
- Oversee and trouble-shoot specific case-related issues and 'one-off' lab results that require medical director and decisions as required. Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for handling escalations and non-standard results.
- Provide feedback and approval for education and marketing material for healthcare providers and patients.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- Travel up to 75% required
- M.D. required, ABMG board certification in Clinical Genetics (or equivalent) and/or board certification in Maternal-Fetal Medicine (or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge and experience with clinical genetics practice guidelines and recommendations, best practices, and other society committee opinions and statements regarding genetic testing and reporting
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and a demonstrated ability to manage a highly skilled and motivated group of professionals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to make complex data-driven decisions
- Exceptionally bright and self-motivated with strong leadership skills
- Well-respected in the field
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately on a range of genetic diseases and genetic testing options
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent cross-functional team leadership and participation skills; must have the ability to work effectively with subordinates, peers, and management
- Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to think globally and act strategically to ensure your teams continually meet excellent customer service standards
Travel required for this position:
No ☐ or Yes ☒
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Duties may require working weekends and overtime
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. #LI-TR1
POSITION LOCATION: NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS REMOTE AND CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US
Back to top