Medical Director, Oncology
- United States
The Medical Director, Oncology is the head of Medical Affairs for Natera's burgeoning oncology business, and is a critical leadership role that dictates Natera's success with introducing ctDNA-based diagnostics into routine medical practice.
- Convince NCCN, ASCO, ESMO, and other leading medical societies worldwide to incorporate ctDNA analysis into practice guidelines. Drive relationships and evidence development strategy to achieve this goal.
- Lead and demonstrate ownership in design and implementation of Phase III clinical studies to demonstrate the utility and efficacy of ctDNA products for changing treatment decisions and improving clinical outcomes through earlier detection of minimally residual disease, relapse and treatment response. Studies should be regulatory compliant.
- Recruit industry-leading PIs and clinical sites to participate in clinical studies, meeting budget and timeline requirements in collaboration with Clinical Trial Operations dept.
- Engage with pharmaceutical companies to secure prospective and retrospective research collaborations using Natera diagnostics
- Advise on product development for our testing portfolio: identify clinical unmet needs, new product opportunities, critical product features, product intended use, design and content of test reports, minimum validation studies
- Clinical operations post-launch: clinical interpretation of test results, customer support for physicians, advise on pre-and post-test counseling for patients
- Drive medical education efforts to support successful launch and commercialization of our oncology product portfolio by teaching the community how to use the tests
- Recruit key opinion leaders (KOLs) for medical advisory board, participate as a leader in advisory meetings
- Support the publication strategy by crafting papers in collaboration with Scientific Communications dept.
- Provide medical input into regulatory submissions
- Build and manage a top-class Medical Affairs department to achieve team objectives
- Represent Natera's medical voice in any public relations related to oncology
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- M.D. required, Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of practice experience in medical oncology, hematology/oncology, or surgical oncology, seeing and treating patients. Strong knowledge and facility with practice guidelines across different solid tumor types
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical trial experience in academia, biotech industry, or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in industry, Medical Affairs, or Clinical Development, with record of success in commercializing oncology products (therapeutics or diagnostics) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial methodology, protocol development, regulatory and compliance requirements, statistics and epidemiology
- Ability to quickly learn Natera's technology and that of our competitors, understand the strengths and limitations of each, and articulate strong customer value propositions
- Skill and experience in building and managing a team
- Effective in both written and oral communications, with strong persuasive skills in debate, thinking fast on your feet
- Project management skills, with ability to balance and execute across multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven team player, with ability to participate as a member of a cross-disciplinary team
- Ability to manage conflict with poise
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
- Travel up to 30-40% on average.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top