Manager, Software Engineering
- Austin, TX
The Manager, Software Engineering leads project development in cloud-based Constellation software as well as our internal Laboratory Management System. This role includes leadership and mentorship of a distributed engineering team, high-level architecture design, project management and professional communication responsibilities on high impact, high visibility products.
- Provide technical leadership to software development engineers, both onsite and remote, to ensure software development efforts meet corporate objectives.
- Act as project manager for large software development projects:
- Identify project objectives, the scope of software deliverables, external dependencies, resources, and framework for the project activities.
- Oversee collaboration among cross-functional project teams of developers, software quality engineers, and product managers.
- Mediate conflicts, evaluate project performance, bring the project to a close, and capture the lessons learned.
- Lead the technical design, architecture, and implementation strategy development, assure the use of the best engineering practices.
- Provide feedback to management and promote changes to optimize software development processes with a focus on quality, innovation, and efficient product delivery
- Guide the career development of team members, including both technical and interpersonal skills necessary for being effective and successful in a professional software engineering organization.
- Provide systematic and direct individual performance feedback focused on recognition of achievement and opportunities for growth.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science.
- 2+ years of proven track record of building and managing а high performing engineering team
- 5+ years of experience in software development using Java.
- Experience leading remote teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly motivated, passionate leader with a successful track record of managing а highly efficient engineering team
- Strong experience mentoring developers, seeking out opportunities and providing guidance for subordinates to grow and excel at their work.
- Proven track record of excellent project management skills
- Experience in building enterprise applications using Java.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Strong hands-on coding, design, architectural skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to addressing issues and finding creative solutions;
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, work well under pressure and stressful circumstances.
- Experience in creating software for processing Next Generation Sequencing data is a nice-to-have.
- Experience developing software in a regulated environment is a nice-to-have.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Generous Employee Referral program. Healthy catered lunches 3 times per week, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.
For more information, visit www.natera.com .
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top