Manager, Software Engineering
- San Carlos, CA
The Manager, Software Engineering works with our engineering teams in building and enhancing our customer-facing software solutions. You have experience in building customer-facing web applications and have a passion for great user experience with a great eye for design. This role includes leadership and mentorship of a remote engineering team, solution design, project management, and close collaboration with cross-functional teams. You will act as a liaison between the remote and the local teams.
- Responsible for delivering new features and improvements to our external-facing software.
- Provide technical leadership to software development engineers, both onsite and remote, to ensure software development efforts meet corporate objectives.
- Represent the technical leadership in core team meetings.
- Act as project manager for the ongoing development efforts:
- Provide estimates and timelines for development efforts.
- Translate product requirements to corresponding software design.
- Oversee collaboration among cross-functional project teams.
- Coordinate and plan development activities between multiple development teams.
- Provide feedback to management and promote changes to optimize software development processes with a focus on quality, innovation, and efficient product delivery.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science.
- 2+ years of a proven track record of building and managing а high performing engineering team
- 5+ years of experience in software development using Java.
- Experience leading remote teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly motivated, passionate leader with a successful track record of managing а highly efficient engineering team
- Strong experience mentoring developers, seeking out opportunities, and providing guidance for subordinates to grow and excel at their work.
- Proven track record of excellent project management skills
- Experience in building enterprise applications using Java.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Strong hands-on coding, design, architectural skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to addressing issues and finding creative solutions;
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, work well under pressure and stressful circumstances.
- Experience in creating software for processing Next Generation Sequencing data is a nice-to-have.
- Experience developing software in a regulated environment is a nice-to-have.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings & weekends) at times.
Travel required for this position:
No X or Yes ___ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers, and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sports leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top