Lab Equipment Manager, Research & Development
- San Carlos, CA
The Equipment Manager will support the R&D department by creating and maintaining a highly functional and operational research laboratory. The primary responsibilities of the Equipment Manager will be to build an efficient equipment infrastructure and oversee equipment operations that allows researchers to seamlessly execute experiments and complete ongoing company projects.
- Manage onboarding of new equipment and monitoring devices. Collaborate with Laboratory Manager to plan and forecast space planning, layout, and check all required specifications are met.
- Coordinate repairs, calibrations, PMs, and RMAs with outside vendors.
- Adhere to departmental budget by compiling equipment purchase/maintenance spending metrics and observing repair/maintenance trends. Analyze information to revisit warranties or decommission units.
- Ensure that RND and Manufacturing lab equipment are in compliance with cGMP, GLP, and CLIA practices.
- Create and implement SOP's for equipment management activities and build structured training matrices for subordinates.
- Interdepartmental liaison to Production equipment team and repair staff. Coordinate equipment loans and equipment transfers between two departments.
- Evaluate RND design processes to modify and construct RND labs. Approves estimated cost and designs layouts.
- Oversee space and electrical specification improvement developments and provides expert project management.
- Main point of contact for lab personnel with inquiries related to new equipment requests, repairs, and instrument performance issues. Must clearly communicate all process changes or reason for implementation to lab staff and collect feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required. (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of equipment manager experience.
- Direct management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- GLP, GMP, and CLIA experience
- Proficient with Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Basic knowledge of NGS equipment management
- IOPQ, preventative maintenance, calibrations process
- Experience onboarding and managing environmental and equipment temperature monitoring systems.
- Experience with equipment inventory management software (LIMS) preferred
- Vendor management experience
- Basic repair capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to optimize workflows by identifying and eliminate redundancies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs.
- Duties may require working outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top