Equipment Lab Technician
- San Carlos, CA
The Equipment Laboratory Technician will join the QC Equipment team in the Operations department to support the equipment used in the clinical laboratories. Responsibilities will include activities related to the maintenance of accessory equipment used in the Operations lab.
• Receive and label new equipment according to department procedures
• Update and upkeep equipment inventory
• Coordinate calibration schedule for all accessory equipment with appropriate in-house personnel or outside vendors • Execute and document maintenance performed on accessory equipment based on recommended intervals
• Maintain calibration and maintenance records
• Stock laboratory with qualified equipment, as needed
• Recognize and troubleshoot any accessory equipment malfunctions and if needed, work with in-house personnel or outside vendors to repair equipment
• Work closely with QC Equipment Specialists to resolve escalation tickets
• Support Natera's refrigeration unit temperature monitoring system
•Maintenance of cold storage units (including regular defrosting) and management of temperature monitoring systems
• Assist QC Equipment Specialists with instrument installations
• Adherence to CLIA/CAP/ISO13485 regulations as it pertains to laboratory equipment
• Perform other tasks as specified by the supervisor/manager
• This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
• Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
• Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
• Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
• BS/BA in a biological science or similar field of study and 0 years of experience, or comparable industry experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Must have proven interpersonal, communication, and computer skills
• Able to multi-task work independently in a team environment
• Ability to promote a positive team environment
• Adaptability in a frequently-changing environment
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and responsibility
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties are performed in a laboratory setting and in an office setting.
• The position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, interact with service providers, and communicate over the telephone.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and perform laborious tasks.
• Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Generous Employee Referral program. Healthy catered lunches 3 times per week, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.
For more information, visit www.natera.com .
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top