EMR Systems and Support Analyst
- San Carlos, CA
The EMR Systems and Support Analyst will participate in projects and assist in the development, support and functionality roll out of an Electronic Health Record system and supporting IT systems.
The EMR Systems and Support Analyst assists Natera in optimizing their workflow processes through building applications that are tailored to meet the laboratory's needs. They will learn the EHR system's capabilities and functional use and apply their knowledge of workflows to assist in the implementation of a system that meets process needs.
- Develop deep understanding of Natera's users to deliver an outstanding user experience
- Solicit customer feedback and funnel new requirements and product changes back into software development
- Participation in all phases of the system development life cycle including development of use cases and evaluation of software solutions.
- Research to develop, configure, and modify moderately complex information systems.
- Create documentation of business requirements, current and future state workflows.
- Design, configure, test, debug, document, and maintain program/application configurations.
- Coordinate all testing phases of associated applications during implementations and upgrades.
- Support existing functionality with further expansion to other Natera groups where necessary.
- Develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers, and business partners.
- Become a product expert and subject matter expert on Natera's deployed EMR software products
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical, Informatics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Computer Systems, or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience
- EMR Analyst Certification preferred but not required EMR (training will be provided)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Customer research and survey skills - how to ask good questions, listen carefully, and synthesize information into clear customer and market needs.
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with individuals, and influence individuals across functional areas and in team environments.
- Healthcare/Biotech industry experience - Highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member across multiple teams
- Ability to develop, document and ensure adherence to technical standards
- Ability to independently research and perform analysis to resolve complex issues
- Ability to understand customer requirements and their impact on technical directions of a solution
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage one's own work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and react to customers appropriately while exhibiting the highest level of customer service
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong understanding of healthcare business process and technology preferred
- Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology preferred
- Healthcare IT experience in acute care or ambulatory care settings a plus
- Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacing a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed remotely.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Travel required for this position:
No ___ or Yes X : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: 10%
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top