Director, Commercial Finance
- San Carlos, CA
The Director, Commercial Finance is responsible for the financial management and strategic analysis of Commercial and Market Planning programs. Primary responsibilities include establishing processes and managing team to oversee the analysis, tracking, and reporting of commercial partnerships, Pharma programs, Clinical Trials, Business Development Deal Desk, and company demand planning. Support and advisory responsibilities include Sales incentive compensation design, target setting, shared service allocation modeling, financial systems architecture, and project reporting. Ad hoc analysis may include Competitive Intelligence, Earnings Call prep, and M&A.
- Deal Desk Process & Oversight
- Pharma partnership contract revenue & tracking
- Companion Diagnostic revenue modeling & tracking
- Business Development contract review and financial planning
- Clinical Trial/IIT Business Case/Investment review (COGS/Reimbursements, Long-term commitment planning)
- Sales incentive compensation design/Sales target methodology
- Demand Planning forecasting (1 Direct report)
- Assist in annual budgeting and monthly forecasting
Support FP&A in:
- Financial Systems reporting design
- Line of Business reporting/Allocation modeling
- Project Reporting solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in finance, business, related field, or equivalent required.
- MBA, or CPA a plus.
- Working knowledge GAAP and accounting controls.
- 12+ years finance experience including 4 years actively managing staff
- Excel skills experience is a necessity (pivot tables, VBA macros and Lookup functions)
- Strong financial systems and business application skills including database applications (QlikView, Adaptive Insights)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to make good decisions and perform work independently to drive results given direction in the form of assigned goals and objectives.
- Mind-set of continuous improvement and adapts quickly to change.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to lead complex projects
- Managing and Leading
- Demonstrated success managing projects with cross matrix teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with exceptional organizational skills under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives
- Ability to build effective teams, coach and develop others
- Seizes opportunities and takes initiative as appropriate
- Able to solve complex problems, and resolve disagreements with informed, rational debate.
- Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to grasp Natera's short and long-term priorities and develop systems, processes and policies to support the achievement of them in a cost-effective manner.
- Drive analytics to identify efficiency opportunities, mitigate potential risks or issues, monitor service delivery activity
- On an ongoing basis, ability to evaluate and prioritize activities.
- Ability to focus people resources against key business priorities.
- Skilled in coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting and environment.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Majority of day is spent sitting.
Travel required for this position:
No or Yes : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: 10%-25% depending on location of employment
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top