Clinical Sample Associate I
- San Carlos, CA
At Natera we are pushing the limits creating exciting products and changing lives. We are seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented individual to join the Scientific Operations team as a Clinical Sample Associate 1 to be a part of this exciting team! The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and have an outstanding ability to perform routine laboratory research and development services. The Clinical Sample Associate 1 will work with a multidisciplinary team in a high-performance environment.
- You will work primarily with the R&D Scientific Operations team maintaining commercial sample operations for research use.
- Manage commercial samples transfer into R&D biobank.
- Verify eligibility for research use based on retention policies, patient opt-outs, and legal requirements.
- Catalog, store, and track biosamples to ensure chain of custody and quality
- Responsible for all commercial sample receipt
- Responsible for all sample accessioning
- Responsible for sample distribution to internal stakeholders
- Responsible for maintaining/importing sample data into LIMS
- Sample processing: plasma isolation, buffy coat isolation, and DNA extraction
- Recognize and escalate equipment and instrument malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOP) and other sample-related documents
- Ensure accurate, ethical, and appropriate management of samples in compliance with all applicable federal regulations
- Adhere to environmental, health and safety (EHS) guidelines and good clinical and laboratory practices (GCP/GLP)
- Perform other tasks as specified by the manager/director
- BS or BA in related scientific discipline
- 1 year minimum of hands-on biobanking experience in industry setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with basic clinical or research laboratory techniques, including sterile handling and proper storage of samples
- Basic knowledge of LIMS/database query tools with Microsoft Excel and SQL experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and analytically with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area
- Good level of initiative and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment, and manage competing priorities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are typically performed in an office and laboratory setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material. Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sports leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com .
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Back to top