Associate Business Development Director
- San Carlos, CA
The Associate Business Development Director is an individual contributor and a key leader in Natera's business development department. This individual will work closely with colleagues in the business development team, along with leaders across each of the Natera business units to develop and deliver on acquisitions, investments, collaborations, and strategic partnerships.
- Partner with Natera business units to collaboratively build a roadmap of opportunities in support of business' strategic priorities; work cross-functionally to source and develop potential opportunities
- Collect feedback from internal and external experts to build informed strategy recommendations
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop plans for each prospective opportunity
- Lead full-lifecycle execution of transactions, including developing business cases, valuations, scenario planning, negotiations, due diligence, and agreement execution
- This role might work with PHI in paper and electronic form or have involve various technologies that access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in business, life sciences, economics, or another related field. MBA or related advanced degree desired
- Minimum of 10 years related relevant experience; 5+ years specifically in biotech/life sciences experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record of effectively executing on a breadth of business development activities, including acquisition evaluations; valuation methodologies; in- and out-licensing; commercial partnerships; and research collaborations
- Strong presentation and public speaking prowess
- Proven ability to coordinate both technical/clinical and business details into consolidated strategic approach
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Adapt and be flexible to changing priorities
- Effective negotiation skills
- Based in San Carlos in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Passionate about oncology, genomics, and personalized medicine
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings.
- The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described
Travel required for this position:
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, both domestic and internationally may be required
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Generous Employee Referral program. Healthy catered lunches 3 times per week, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Note that this position can also be remote
Back to top