VP, Southeast Cyber Regional Underwriting Manager
LocationAtlanta CategoryUnderwriting Exempt/Non-ExemptExempt Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Description
The VP, Southeast Cyber Regional Underwriting Manager manages the development, implementation and management of the organization's underwriting function in the Southeast region. Responsibilities include ensuring the policies, procedures, process, and quality review programs align with the company's business goals and values. This individual will be in charge of our Cyber Liability and Technology E&O book of business in the Southeast region and partner with other leaders within the organization to ensure the unit is an integral and influential part of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development of company underwriting standards and objectives and assures they are being met and consistently applied.
- Develops a high performing team of employees through effective coaching, mentoring and training.
- Responsible for the development and management of product and policy forms and filings.
- Makes recommendations for modifications of the underwriting program to maintain the continuity of the underwriting effort.
- Stays current on underwriting trends and market activities of the competition.
- Reviews referrals on product for team.
- Serves as product expert.
- Monitors and manages workflow for product.
- Reviews claims and works with Claims Department and Counsel to manage risk.
- Communicates with London, as necessary.
- Works with Legal on policy form (endorsement, language, intent, etc.)
- Strong operational capabilities with a proven track record of developing, implementing and overseeing quality processes, procedures and policies that improve business operations.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) and other applications relevant to the business.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or insurance-related area is required.
- Three to five years experience as a professional liability underwriter.
- Five years of proven management and or underwriting team leadership.
Req NumberUND-17-00021 About the OrganizationNAS is not your typical insurance company. We're a specialty insurance underwriter with a strategic relationship to Lloyd's, London. We create unique insurance products for businesses, like cyber insurance, and provide a range of services to carriers, brokers and policyholders to help them work smarter. We're a 40 year old company in a 300 year old industry and innovating every day. Profitably. Check us out. We think you'll like what you find!
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of NAS Insurance's Employees
AVP of Midwest Regional Cyber Manager
Ari calculates a client’s potential legal liabilities, then underwrites customized insurance coverage to meet individual needs and keep companies growing forward into the future.
Back to top