Underwriting Assistant I (CA, Encino)
NAS is not your typical insurance company. We're a specialty insurance underwriter with a strategic relationship to Lloyd's, London. We create unique insurance products for businesses, like cyber insurance, and provide a range of services to carriers, brokers and policyholders to help them work smarter. We're a 40 year old company in a 300 year old industry and innovating every day. Profitably. Check us out on The Muse https://www.themuse.com/companies/nasinsurance. We think you'll like what you find!
Position Description: The Underwriting Assistant aids their team of Underwriters with clerical and administrative support on a wide variety of tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain client and policy data in computer system and electronic file system within established guidelines
- Provide a high level of support to multiple underwriters
- Maintain direct and constant communication with Underwriters
- Acquire appropriate approval on work product, as required
- Track and follow up on tasks forwarded to other staff to ensure timely completion and within set turnaround time benchmarks including renewals, BBNI, and quote follow-ups
- Act as a liaison between underwriters and clients (brokers) by requesting or delivering correspondence, documents, policies and information on behalf of underwriters with a high level of professionalism
- Complete quotes and binders where required
- Update and maintain department underwriting production and renewal trackers (Excel)
- Work with clients, Policy Services and Accounting to complete policy issuance in a timely manner
- Train new hires on procedures and systems as needed
- Assist with projects as needed
Meet Some of NAS Insurance's Employees
Chief Underwriting Officer
Michael’s main goals at NAS Insurance include developing the people he oversees, and continuing the company’s strong growth into the future through technological advancement.
Back to top