Underwriting Assistant I
LocationEncino CategoryUnderwriting Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time DescriptionNAS is not your typical insurance company. We're a specialty insurance underwriter with a strategic relationship to Lloyd's, London. We create unique insurance products for businesses, like cyber insurance, and provide a range of services to carriers, brokers, and policyholders to help them work smarter. We're a 40 year old company in a 300-year-old industry and innovating every day. Profitably. Check us out on The Muse https://www.themuse.com/companies/nasinsurance . We think you'll like what you find!
Fun, creative atmosphere
Casual dress attire
Free Medical & Dental insurance
Free Life Insurance
Position Description: The Underwriting Assistant aids their team of Underwriters with clerical and administrative support on a wide variety of tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain client and policy data in computer system and electronic file system within established guidelines
- Provide a high level of support to multiple underwriters
- Maintain direct and constant communication with Underwriters
- Acquire appropriate approval on work product, as required
- Track and follow up on tasks forwarded to other staff to ensure timely completion and within set turnaround time benchmarks including renewals, BBNI, and quote follow-ups
- Act as a liaison between underwriters and clients (brokers) by requesting or delivering correspondence, documents, policies and information on behalf of underwriters with a high level of professionalism
- Complete quotes and binders where required
- Update and maintain department underwriting production and renewal trackers (Excel)
- Work with clients, Policy Services and Accounting to complete policy issuance in a timely manner
- Train new hires on procedures and systems as needed
- Assist with projects as needed
- Possesses the ability to stay organized and have great attention to detail
- Must be thorough and have excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to handle competing demands; uses time efficiently and prioritizes appropriately
- Portrays good judgment in addition to problem-solving, independent thinking and strong analytical abilities
- Must be able to communicate positively, succinctly and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients both verbally or in writing
- Has the willingness and ability to train employees as needed
- Acts as a team player and is adaptable to change
- Computer literate and savvy;
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- One or more years' experience in the Insurance Industry is preferred
Req NumberUND-17-00022 About the OrganizationNAS is not your typical insurance company. We're a specialty insurance underwriter with a strategic relationship to Lloyd's, London. We create unique insurance products for businesses, like cyber insurance, and provide a range of services to carriers, brokers and policyholders to help them work smarter. We're a 40 year old company in a 300 year old industry and innovating every day. Profitably. Check us out. We think you'll like what you find!
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of NAS Insurance's Employees
AVP of Midwest Regional Cyber Manager
Ari calculates a client’s potential legal liabilities, then underwrites customized insurance coverage to meet individual needs and keep companies growing forward into the future.
Back to top