The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, analytical, marketing oriented and have excellent communication skills. This position will be entry level and training will be accomplished by working closely with our staff of professionals. This position will also be fast paced, challenging, and diverse with hands on instruction. Job responsibilities include analyzing and screening new and renewal submission exposures for rating and quoting using approved guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison between clients and Underwriters; requests or delivers correspondence, documents and information with a high level of professionalism.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with producers, brokers, agents and customers as well as communicates effectively through broker negotiations to ensure profitable production.
- Contacts clients and explains features and merits of policy coverage, recommends amount and type of coverage based on analysis of clients’ needs.
- Assists Company and Underwriters to meet production goals and client expectations by identifying exposures for rating and quoting, negotiating terms and conditions with producer agents, producing quotes and binding coverage within timeframes, and handling and servicing an existing book of business.
- Prioritizes work according to client and Underwriter needs within set turnaround times; keeps Underwriter apprised of potential client issues and client aware of Underwriter’s needs.
- Assesses risks to determine the appropriate price, coverage, terms and conditions.
- Enters and maintains client and policy data in computer system and electronic file system; tracks and follows up on tasks forwarded to other staff or clients to ensure timely completion.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to interact positively succinctly and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients and be comfortable building a rapport with differing personalities.
- Should be proactive, able to self manage, highly self-motivated and in search of a career.
- Good judgment, problem-solving, independent thinking and strong analytical abilities are necessary to successfully fulfill the duties of this position.
- Candidate must possess ability to stay organized, have great attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Ability to handle competing demands, use time efficiently and prioritize appropriately.
- Bachelor's Degree required; recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
*All applicants must be located in the LA area, if you're applying from outside the LA area, please let us know when you anticipate moving to LA.
Back to top