The Underwriter assesses insurance submissions to determine the terms and conditions of coverage offered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently to process new and renewal business submissions.
- Analyze risk to determine terms and conditions of coverage.
- Develop underwriting arguments to explain underwriting decisions.
- Interpret and analyze claims files.
- Works efficiently with the underwriting team to meet turnaround goals.
- Communicates with brokers and develops strong working relationships.
- Marketing-visit clients and explain underwriting products and appetite.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of product.
- Follow all procedures and guidelines to provide insurance terms to clients.
- Assists the support staff in resolving problems and questions.
- Ability to write reports and risk analysis.
- Effectively present information and answer questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Read and understand financial statements, construction contracts, applications, computer printouts, rating manuals and other insurance related materials.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or a related field.
- Three or more years experience in a commercial insurance background is required.
*All applicants must be located in the Los Angeles area, if you're applying from outside the Los Angeles area, please let us know when you anticipate moving to Los Angeles,
Back to top