Senior Cyber Underwriter
Position Description: The Underwriter assesses insurance submissions to determine the terms and conditions of coverage offered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently to process new and renewal business submissions.
- Analyze risk to determine terms and conditions of coverage.
- Develop underwriting arguments to explain underwriting decisions.
- Interpret and analyze claims files.
- Works efficiently with the underwriting team to meet turnaround goals.
- Communicates with brokers and develops strong working relationships.
- Marketing-visit clients and explain underwriting products and appetite.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of product.
- Follow all procedures and guidelines to provide insurance terms to clients.
- Assists the support staff in resolving problems and questions.
- Ability to write reports and risk analysis.
- Effectively present information and answer questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Read and understand financial statements, construction contracts, applications, computer printouts, rating manuals and other insurance related materials.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or a related field.
- Three or more years experience in a commercial insurance background is required.
Meet Some of NAS Insurance's Employees
Senior VP, Underwriting/Product Manager, Technology E&O & Cyber Liability
Michael’s main goals at NAS Insurance include developing the people he oversees, and continuing the company’s strong growth into the future through technological advancement.
Back to top