Reinsurance Account Executive
LocationEncino CategoryReinsurance Exempt/Non-ExemptExempt Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Description
Position Description: The Reinsurance Account Executive manages all aspects of our client relationship. This position will continuously partner with other leaders within the organization to ensure the client's needs are met. This includes skills in underwriting and marketing as well as project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for an assigned group of clients in the reinsurance portfolio including very important and complex relationships. Each client has their own unique profile and product line.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating with Accounting, Claims, Reinsurance Support, Marketing, I.T., Underwriting, and Compliance to ensure program delivery, communication and challenge resolution.
- Responsible for all client service aspects as well as implementation, renewal, quality and compliance program adherence.
- Travel and meet with client offices as needed to support the Reinsurance team
- Develop and renew programs to maintain and maximize market share potential within scope of contract.
- Review sales activity and recommend improvement on programs as required.
- Facilitate client development/retention and enhance client relationships through marketing, travel, and client presentations.
- Enter and maintain client and program data in computer system and electronic file system and tracks and follows up on tasks forwarded to other staff or clients to ensure timely completion
- Prepare proposals for prospects and existing clients
- Set up and maintain follow up reminders and renewal system
- Ability to interact positively, succinctly and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients and is comfortable building a rapport with differing personalities
- Good judgment, problem-solving, independent thinking and strong analytical abilities
- Stay organized; has great attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Ability to handle competing demands
- Use time efficiently and prioritizes appropriately
- Goal-oriented, fast learner, self-starter, and open to change as needed.
- Excellent computer skills and extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook).
- Knowledgeable of how strategies and tactics work in insurance and/or reinsurance.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the insurance business.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to Travel 40-50%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 1-5 years of insurance industry experience required
- 3-7 years Account Executive Experience within Commercial Lines
Req NumberREI-17-00002 About the OrganizationNAS is not your typical insurance company. We're a specialty insurance underwriter with a strategic relationship to Lloyd's, London. We create unique insurance products for businesses, like cyber insurance, and provide a range of services to carriers, brokers and policyholders to help them work smarter. We're a 40 year old company in a 300 year old industry and innovating every day. Profitably. Check us out. We think you'll like what you find!
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of NAS Insurance's Employees
AVP of Midwest Regional Cyber Manager
Ari calculates a client’s potential legal liabilities, then underwrites customized insurance coverage to meet individual needs and keep companies growing forward into the future.
Back to top