Claims Examiner - Recent Graduate
LocationEncino CategoryClaims Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Description
NAS is not your typical insurance company. We're a specialty insurance underwriter with a strategic relationship to Lloyd's, London. We create unique insurance products for businesses, like cyber insurance, and provide a range of services to carriers, brokers, and policyholders to help them work smarter. We're a 40 year old company in a 300-year-old industry and innovating every day. Profitably. Check us out on The Muse https://www.themuse.com/companies/nasinsurance . We think you'll like what you find!
- Fun, creative atmosphere
- Casual dress attire
- Work-life balance
- Free Medical & Dental insurance
- Free Life Insurance
- 401k matching
- Free snacks
Position Description: NAS is currently looking for a dynamic Claims Examiner to handle liability and reinsurance claims. The position does not involve medical billing or health insurance. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, analytical, customer-service oriented and have excellent communication skills. This position will be fast-paced, challenging and diverse with hands on instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews submitted claims for coverage and make a determination as to whether a matter is covered under the applicable policy.
- Investigates coverage issues.
- Drafts actions plans, including coverage recommendations, for the approval of claims managers.
- Establishes and revises claim reserves based on claim developments and counsel liability assessments.
- Drafts coverage determination letters, including reservation of rights and denial letters.
- Obtains updates from defense counsel and/or coverage counsel and/or the Insured, as appropriate.
- Updates claim diary as needed based on activity.
- Authorizes settlements based on liability and other considerations after receiving approval from claims management.
- Reviews, approves, and reimburses the Insured for legal, expert/vendor invoices and settlement.
- Conducts detailed bill reviews to ensure appropriate payment.
- Maintains a claim file by accurately documenting all communications, activity, etc.
- Communicates with brokers or reinsured clients to obtain information necessary for processing claims.
- Candidate must stay organized, pay attention to detail and work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Candidate should be able to detect discrepancies and variances in wording, grammar, spelling, and numbers.
- Good computer skills required.
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities are required.
- Good customer service skills and a pleasant demeanor.
- Must be a great team player.
- Should be motivated and in search of a challenging position.
- A minimum of 1-year general office experience is preferred.
- Insurance experience may be helpful but is not required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Some claims experience preferred, but not required.
Req NumberCLA-17-00016 About the OrganizationNAS is not your typical insurance company. We're a specialty insurance underwriter with a strategic relationship to Lloyd's, London. We create unique insurance products for businesses, like cyber insurance, and provide a range of services to carriers, brokers and policyholders to help them work smarter. We're a 40 year old company in a 300 year old industry and innovating every day. Profitably. Check us out. We think you'll like what you find!
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of NAS Insurance's Employees
AVP of Midwest Regional Cyber Manager
Ari calculates a client’s potential legal liabilities, then underwrites customized insurance coverage to meet individual needs and keep companies growing forward into the future.
Back to top