The Accounting Manager performs their duties while being supervised by the AVP, Controller. They are responsible for the provision of general ledgers, records, and financial reports, and the performance of general bookkeeping activities. They will provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and prepare financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements and reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and internal departments
• Maintain and balance general ledger by inputting data; scheduling and performing required tasks; and verifying data
• Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
• Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
• Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
• Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Implements goals, objectives, and direction of Senior Vice President, Accounting and Finance
• Develop current Accounting Lead into competent Accounting Supervisor by instruction, training, and mentoring.
Staff Supervision, Leadership and Development:
• Ensure new employees under your supervision receive adequate instruction and support to successfully complete the new employee orientation program within their probationary time frame.
• Ensure employees under your supervision receive appropriate training and have the necessary competencies to perform the functions required in their role through the development and application of annual training plans with their current or new role.
• Increase staff motivation and morale through effective performance appraisal and career development by training, coaching, providing feedback and integrating reward systems.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
• Strong financial analysis skills.
• Prioritizes tasks and displays good time management skills
• Upholds confidentiality of company’s financial information
• Manage staff/resources of the team; set priorities and plan workload to meet deadlines and achieve the objectives of the department
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Effective reporting and detail-oriented skills
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting or Finance field required.
• Five or more years of experience in an accounting background.
*All applicants must be located in the Los Angeles area, if you're applying from outside the Los Angeles area, please let us know when you anticipate moving to Los Angeles.
Back to top