Senior Security Engineer, Infrastructure
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license.We have 3.5 million customers across 26 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 5 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Use software engineering skills to design, build, and maintain the core security infrastructure.
- Architect and develop solutions that will advance internal security monitoring & controls such as auditing services, horizontal access control systems, Intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Own solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs.
- Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors.
- Educate technical and non-technical staff through our security awareness training program.
What you will bring along
- Experience in software engineering (in one or more general purpose programming languages) or the DevOps area.
- Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems.
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as infrastructure as code, Agile, and resilient architecture.
- Be passionate about information security.
- You can write defensive, high-quality code that addresses real-world engineering and security problems.
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture and working with scalable software.
- Software engineering experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Go, Python.
- Deep understanding of how the web and cloud environments work.
- You correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- Hands-on attitude and ability to drive solutions to completion
- Excellent communication skills.
What We Offer
- Working with diverse, highly engaged peers
- Opportunities to work abroad in Berlin and Barcelona as part of an international team
- Freedom to prototype and autonomy to make decisions on technology choices
- A "get-things-done" attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Self-improvement budget to spend on attending conferences, taking courses, and purchasing books
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Meet the team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, University of Denver and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, DISH, SlingTV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.
Back to top