Senior Security Engineer - Infrastructure
About the opportunity
We are seeking a passionate Senior Security Engineer to design, build and maintain our core security infrastructure with strong partnership with SRE and TechOps teams.
The Infrastructure Security team goal is to help move the security much farther to the left inside our Segments and the team will be working on building a variety of other service and cloud auditing tools.
In this role, you will:
- Use software engineering skills to design, build, and maintain the core security infrastructure.
- Architect and develop solutions that will advance internal security monitoring & controls such as auditing services, horizontal access control systems, Intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Own solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs.
- Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors.
- Educate technical and non-technical staff through our security awareness training program.
What you need to be successful:
Background and skills:
- Software engineering experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Kotlin, Go, Python.
- Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems and understanding of scalable microservice architecture.
- Understanding of Linux and ability to write shell scripts.
- Understanding of cloud environments (ideally AWS).
- Understanding of internet and computer networks (DNS, TCP/UDP, VPN, TLS, OSI model, etc).
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Agile, and resilient architecture.
- Passion about infrastructure and security.
- Writing defensive, high-quality code that addresses real-world engineering and security problems.
- Ability to correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- Hands-on attitude and ability to drive solutions to completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Growth mindset targeted at learning and pushing the team forward.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium account, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Dogs in the office - bring your canine companion twice per week
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top