Senior Product Design Lead
- Barcelona, Spain
About the opportunity
As Senior Product Design Lead you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse, talented team to build a leading-edge digital banking experience to help our +6 million customers manage and grow their money effortlessly. In this role, you will lead the product designers and user researchers in Barcelona.
The product design team is responsible for the whole product experience. This is not only limited to our mobile applications, but also to physical products related to banking.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a great organisation that is shaping the future of banking. We like to push boundaries as we continue to be one of the pioneers in digital banking.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure the Barcelona product design & user research team delivers impactful and exceptional work.
- Mentor the team on design processes and guide them to high quality design outcomes.
- Support and lead teams by applying your craft: strategic design methods, user research, UX wire-framing and UI prototyping, detailed design, usability testing and implementation.
- Nurture a healthy happy team culture that supports professional growth and innovative work.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Support the hiring process and be a part of every major decision within the product design team
What you need to be successful:
- You have designed excellent digital products and experiences for 8+ years in a cross-functional product organisation.
- You are an advocate for the customer and have a long track record of applying user research insights to your design
- You have experience building and leading a small to midsize design team and managing career journeys.
- You are a business brain with a strong understanding of product management needs.
- Excellent communication is in your nature, you know how to get buy in from stakeholders with your ideas on banking in the future
- Your storytelling is at a fluent level and you are able to have an immediate impact on the organisation.
Nice to have:
- Experience building and scaling design systems
- Being a customer of a digital bank
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top