Senior Manager Financial Accounting
- Berlin, Germany
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
There is no better time to join us. We are one of the fastest growing companies in Europe with a product we are able to scale globally & change the banking industry.
Once here you will
- Take ownership of the reconciliation processes around the general ledger and the delivering source systems
- Build strong relationships with the business operations and product teams to ensure end-to-end transparency on financial transactions and flows
- Inform product strategic discussions with a well-founded accounting viewpoint
- Take ownership for the accounting treatment of key financial processes in the group, such as credit risk, revenue recognition and others
- Leverage the business processes within our Finance ERP to develop and execute a framework of automated internal controls within Financial Accounting
- Serve as a sparring partner to both the group finance as well as the business teams
- Enable audit procedures (internal as well as external) by proactive generation of the respective reconciliation
- Bridge regulatory requirements and accounting frameworks to derive strategic measures around the capital employment
What you will bring along
- A university degree with a focus on Finance, Controlling, Audit or comparable majors
- Of your total work experience, 5 of those years will have been with a Big 4 or Financial Consultancy, or comparable work experience with a Bank or Fintech company
- Preferably knowledge and experience in payment networks and schemes
- Profound knowledge in IFRS and German GAAP
- Experience of the design, implementation and development of internal controls
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- A deep interest in data flows and subledger > general ledger procedures
- Technical skills in database queries, Business Intelligence
- Interest in and understanding of ERP systems and processes
- Fluent English and good German skills
What we offer
- Join N26 at the most exciting growth phase
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Individual personal development budget
- Free N26 black card membership
- Be part of a team driven by excellence, teamwork and most of all fun
- Discount for Urban Sports Club membership
- N26 annual public transport subscription
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sounds good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Back to top