Senior Manager Finance Business Partner, Product and Strategy
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
The Finance & Strategy team is going through a very exciting period, as we are right in the middle of establishing a new Group Finance organization and all group processes. We are transforming the Finance organization and all of our processes to enable the transition of N26 from a young start-up in Europe to a leading, digital bank that is operating globally.
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and you have the ambition and the leadership to shape your own area and your team; you have proven experience and a strong track record as a Finance Business Partner (FBP) of a global Product or Strategy organization. Equipped with a strong business acumen you naturally build relationships in a multi-functional team and you gain trust from your peers and senior management. You navigate challenges from shaping long-term strategy to driving short-term performance.
In this role, you will:
- Be the business partner of the Chief Product Officer and a member of the Senior Product Leadership Team
- Be a part of the Group FP&A and Finance Business Partnering team, who support N26 senior execs,
- Provide decision-making support to the Product organization and partner with them to shape strategies and financial plans to reach objectives
- Drive financial strategies with the Product organization, such as accelerating topline growth and improving margins
- Lead with your team the financial assessment of strategic initiatives in the product innovation space and the development of the product portfolio
- Lead the budgeting and planning process for the Product organization, and partner with Corporate FP&A across the financial planning process
- Hold the organization accountable against strategic and financial objectives, and deliver transparency on the performance of financials and KPIs
- Continuously develop and improve our tools and processes to support business analysis, including digitization and automation
- Be a thought-leader and inspirational coach for your team; you will develop and lead a high-performing team of Finance Business Partners of varying experience levels
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, of which min. 4 years in leadership positions (incl. leading a small team)
- Proven track record as Finance Business Partner of a global, product-focused organization and/ or relevant experience in a strategy team at a senior level is a must-have, coupled with a solid, applied knowledge in accounting
- Prior working experience in Financial Services, in (Fin)Tech, in a scale-up, or a highly innovative bluechip industry is required; work experience in a top-tier Consultancy is a plus
- Very strong personal leadership and senior stakeholder management skills is a key requirement
- Demonstrated experience in shaping strategy and driving operational performance in a multi-functional context (must-have)
- Resilience, proven ability to learn from set-backs and course-correct
- Prior experience with subscription-based business models is a strong plus
- Prior experience in leveraging a team of Data Analysts to digitize finance processes and to generate deeper insights from data (mining) is a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, drawing conclusions and insights from data
- SQL skills are a strong plus, familiarity with ERP systems desired (reporting/ end user skills)
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top