(Senior) Infrastructure Security Engineer
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
We are seeking passionate mid-level and senior Infrastructure Security Engineers to design, build and maintain our core security infrastructure in strong partnership with the Platform Engineering, Internal IT and Data Engineering teams.
The Infrastructure Security team’s mission is to prevent threats in N26 infrastructure and help teams build secure solutions through consulting, tooling and analytics.
Once here you will
- Use systems engineering skills to design, build, and maintain the core security infrastructure on AWS.
- Architect and develop solutions that will advance internal security monitoring & controls such as auditing services, horizontal access control systems, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Own solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling and processes.
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs.
- Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors.
- Educate technical and non-technical staff through our security awareness training program.
What you will bring along
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems and good understanding of scalable microservice architecture
- Deep understanding of Linux and able to write Python or Go scripts.
- Deep understanding and experience with cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- Deep understanding of internet and computer networks (TCP/IP, TLS, VPN, etc)
- Experience with modern systems engineering practices such as infrastructure as code and resilient architecture.
- Passion for security, infrastructure and secure infrastructure.
- Ability to correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- Hands-on attitude and ability to drive solutions to completion.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Growth mindset targeted at learning and pushing the team forward.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top