Senior Data Engineer (DWH & Data Lake)
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
- Drive the development of highly scalable Data Warehouse and Data Lake at N26.
- Work closely with data analysts/data scientists and other groups to support them with various tasks and implement new ETL pipelines.
- Dive into the company's data to analyze it, find patterns and play around in other ways.
What you will bring along
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Engineering or related fields
- Strong knowledge and experience with some distributed data processing technology such as Redshift and Spark.
- Fluency in at least one programming language, preferably Python or a similar language.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Detective-level attention to detail and self-discipline that others would love.
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency.
What We Offer
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Freedom to prototype given the challenges we face
- Getting things done attitude
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
- Travel in style with N26 You
- Personal development budget
- Subsidized Transit Pass
- Perks including German Classes, Dogs @ Work, Urban Sports Club and more
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Back to top