Senior Data Engineer (Data Governance)
- Berlin, Germany
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who will help us make sure that our Data infrastructure follows the established best practices and "security first" principle.
In this role, you will:
Drive the development and maintenance of a number of services that are responsible for:
- access management to the DWH and Data Lake infrastructure
- handling of GDPR-related API requests on the DWH and Data Lake side
- logging and auditing
- backup and disaster recovery
- compliance related reporting
You will work with Security, RegTech and other teams to build and maintain processes that support security and compliance in an efficient way that avoids unnecessary friction. You increase the level of awareness in the team regarding security and compliance topics.
What you need to be successful:
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Engineering or related fields
- Strong Python skills, Go would be a plus
- Sound understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure
- Strong fundamentals in security topics are a must-have
- Good knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements (Europe and US)
- Nice to have experience with: Terraform, K8s, Google Cloud
- Excited to work with modern technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Detective-level of attention to detail
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top