Senior Android Engineer - Memberships
- Vienna, Austria
About the opportunity:
In the N26 Vienna Tech Hub, we are building the best digital experience for our customers, delivering new features to improve the value and compliance of our membership products.
We are seeking a talented Senior Android Engineer to join our expanding teams in Vienna and evolve our product. Our teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Senior Android Engineer at N26, you will be embracing the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis, while supporting the other engineers in your team.
In this role you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams, understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just being a solitary piece
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Ask "Why?" and be prepared to be asked "What do you think about it?"
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as beyond
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
You will be the perfect fit if:
- You strive to build Android applications that can be summarized as RSA - Responsive, Slick and Attractive. You also understand why RSA is important for a Mobile Bank from a cryptographic point of view.
- Code quality tingles your senses - you can see, feel and smell the difference between good and bad architecture.
- You engage in proactive software development but still understand Reactive programming paradigms.
- Test cases are the first things you think of before building a feature and the last things you check before pushing your code.
What you bring along:
- Deep knowledge of Kotlin (we use it for our Backend as well!)
- Thorough experience with the Android Open Source Platform and Jetpack libraries
- Experience with Thread Handling - RxJava for maintaining and Coroutines for new features
- Good exposure to modularisation and dependency injection
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection
- Experience with android infrastructure paradigms (Optimising build times, gradle plugins)
- Experience with CI/CD for mobile
What’s in it for you:
- The starting range for this position starts at 64000 gross per year
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, fully subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, German language classes, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Back to top